Dynamics 365 CRM Installation and Integration Testing for a Leading Global Oil and Gas Player
A Leading Integrated Global Oil and Gas Player
Products and Services
Gas, Oil, Retail, Terminals, Jet Fuel, Exploration and Production, and Supply Trading and Processing
Oil and Energy
Our client is an international oil and gas company, owning and operating assets in the fields of exploration and production, supply and operations, refining, terminals, fuel retail, aviation fuel and petroleum products for commercial and industrial use. Our client is a wholly owned entity of the Government of Dubai.
CRM implementation requirement: As part of a Business Process/Customer Service improvement program, our client had implemented Microsoft Dynamics 365 with the support of a third-party solution developer. Testhouse engaged with them to test this customised Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM portal, to ensure that those newly implemented workflows, business rules, integration services with downstream systems and Outlook were working correctly.
- Our client’s Connect CRM system was developed for various groups/users of all business units such as Lubricants, ECD – EIPM, Emirates Gas & EBI. So, each BU had its own business process in the CRM and each one needed to exchange data between various downstream systems
- Gap Analysis between BBP and shared test cases
- Only a limited number of test users were available to perform manual testing and each user had to be based on the BU which required testing
- Full-fledged regression testing to be done after each milestone or when requirements were amended from the stakeholders
- Understanding time-to-time change in application functionalities
- Data integration with the downstream systems, the CRM portal and Outlook
- Verifying the alerts generated in the system for different customer types and against various criteria specific to different scenarios
Based on the BBP shared by our client, Testhouse initially performed the requirement analysis and identified the areas of testing to be done. Then –
- identified test scenarios and wrote missing test cases
- uploaded test cases into MTM and mapped them as per the requirement matrix
- reported defects and identified their priority depending on the impact of the defect and following our client’s QA policy
- Followed up with the development team for fixes and solutions as per business requests
- Conducted daily defect triage calls with the client team and the development team
Testhouse detected defects which helped the development team to improve the quality of the Connect CRM system. In addition, the Testhouse team performed integration testing between Connect CRM and downstream systems as well as the CRM portal and Outlook, further strengthening all systems. The entire exercise greatly increased efficiency and redundancy of our client’s systems ensuring streamlined operations and savings in time and cost.