NFU Mutual Case Study
A leading mutual insurance company underwriting more than £1.5 billion in annual premium in life and general insurance lines for rural communities within the UK. Client’s largest ever multi-year Digital Transformation program implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
- Data related bugs not addressed; test strategy found to be deficient
- Testing often takes longer than originally estimated
- Defects found late and often by business users in production
- Significant regression impact from Microsoft releases; key functionality found to be broken after routine Microsoft releases
- Carried out a Discovery Phase with recommendations
- Defined the overall CRM Program Test Strategy
- Fine-tuned UI automation test strategy to be more effective
- Management and co-ordination of D365 Test Team
- Test execution and management reporting of Test Progress
Impact & Outcomes
- Discovery Phase review of Client’s testing practices resulted in documented recommendations and the definition of a “Road Map” of change and actions.
- Testhouse documented and achieved sign-off of the overall Dynamics CRM Program Test Strategy by key members of the Business, IT and PMO community.
- Implemented Risk-based Testing best practice and broad Process Improvements across the D365 program
- Improved Testing efficiency and utilisation of test resources through more focussed and business-aligned regression testing including better use of ALM tools.