Our client is a 100% Omani owned commercial bank in the Sultanate of Oman and is the country’s premier financial institution, providing retail, corporate and government customers with a wide range of quality services.
- Due to the risks involved in the implementation of their new banking systems, client wanted an independent party to certify the deliverables, minimise the risk and give the bank confidence in the newly adopted systems.
- The project covered many different core-banking functionalities like Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Securities Trading and Processing, Treasury, Risk Management, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, Import LC Issuance & Negotiations, Exposure management, Value at Risk calculations, which is achieved through QUARTZ (TCS) and Eximbills (Chinasystems).
- Requirement for reducing the time and effort for implementing the system.
- Methodology had to focus on a process-driven assessment of the functional gaps which needed to be resolved during the project.
- Clients had a product focus rather than a services focus
- Clients required consultants with a very critical combination of strong domain knowledge coupled with rich software testing experience.